Harbin Normal University
Chinese Government Scholarship Enrollment Prospectus
China Scholarship Council consigns Harbin Normal University (HRBNU) to enroll excellent students to study for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctor’s Degree. International students may choose programs and their tuition in China will be paid by Chinese government. The details are as follows:
I. Program categories, Duration and Language of instruction
1. This scholarship supports undergraduate (from 64 Belt and Road Countries only), master and doctoral students. Scholarship duration is 4 years for undergraduate programs, 3 years for master’s programs and 4 years for doctoral programs. One year Chinese language study can be added before major study if needed.
2. Most programs in HRBNU are instructed in Chinese.
3. The scholarship duration specified in the Admission Letter, covering major study and Chinese language study, cannot be extended in general.
II. Scholarship Coverage
1. A waiver of tuition;
2. Free on-campus dormitory accommodation(double room for undergraduate and master student, single room for doctoral student);
3. Monthly living allowance: 2500 RMB for undergraduate student, 3000 RMB for graduate student, 3500 RMB for doctoral student;
4. Comprehensive Medical insurance.
To be eligible, applicants must:
l Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health. A certificate of four years of naturalization will be needed if nationality of birth is Chinese;
l Not a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year;
l Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 with HSK 3 when applying for bachelor’s programs;
l Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 with HSK4 when applying for master’s programs;
l Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 with HSK4 when applying for doctoral programs.
IV. Application Procedure
1. Recommended candidates must finish the online application procedure at https://www.campuschina.org/, complete the required information, submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print a hard copy. (Category B, and our Agency No. is 10231)
2. A package of complete application documents (Please check Application Documents for the detailed checklist.) must be submitted to International College of HRBNU before April 1.
V. Application Documents(in duplicate without staples)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
6. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
7. Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant).
8. Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
9. Copy of passport photo page.
10. Notarial Certificate of Non-criminal Record.
The above documents (no staples) should be sent directly to HRBNU who will forward the nominated documents to CSC before April 15th.No application documents will be returned.
VI. Approval and Notification
1. HRBNU will review the application documents, online interview, and decide the nominated candidates.
2. Nominated candidates will be officially awarded Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
3. The admitted students will be officially notified by e-mail before July 30th, and HRBNU will send Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the scholarship winners or relevant departments.
4. Students are not permitted, in general, to apply to change their specialties or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Letter once they agree to accept the scholarship.
5. The admitted students should apply for Study visa (X visa) in Chinese Embassy or Consulate General with Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201), Admission Letter, and Foreigner Physical Examination Form. These above documents are also required at the time of registration in HRBNU.
6. Students who attend Chinese language preparatory study should register with the designated university on time.
7. If applicants fail to register before the deadline for registration, their scholarship will not be reserved.
Address: International Student Admission Office
Harbin Normal University
50 Hexing Street, Nangang District, Harbin, China 150080
Telephone: +86-451-88067479, +86-451-86315015 (Chinese, English, Russian)
E-mail： email@example.com (Chinese, English, Russian)
WeChat Official Account: Study at HRBNU