CSC High Level Graduate Students Program
◆Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese- taught master’s or doctoral programs;
- meet the admission requirements in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
Please click the following website to check the majors:
◆Application Deadline: April 1, 2023
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
2. Copy of Passport Home Page. If the validity of the applicant’s current passport does not meet the requirement (meaning the passport expires before September 2023), please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
3. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university’s academic affairs office, graduate school, or student management department. They can be in Chinese or English, but must be attached with notarized English translations if they are in foreign languages other than English;
5. Language qualification certificates. Applicants must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements;
6. A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 characters or words; the proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor;
7. Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation (written only in Chinese or English) from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad;
8. A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy shall be kept by the applicant). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take a physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. Example of art. To apply for majors related to art or design, applicants could submit their own works through “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in the system. Applicants could also provide such materials to the applied universities directly in other ways;
10. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non- Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
Please carefully read the instructions before applying for the scholarship.
Step 1: Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for
Students” at http://www.campuschina.org. Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and log in with your account.
Step 2: Input Personal Details. Click “Edit Personal Details” and finish inputting personal details by filling in all the information, verifying and saving the information. After the completion of this section, return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” and start filling in your application information.
Step 3: Select the correct “Program Category”. Please select Program Category “Type B”, click “New Application”, and start filling in the application information.
Step 4: Input the correct Agency Number :10231.
Step 5: Input Application Information
Next, please move on to the section of “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” and upload “Supporting Documents” as requested, then click “Submit” to complete the application. Check each part of your application carefully before submission. Please make sure that all the information and uploaded documents are valid and accurate.
Step 6: Once submitted, amendments cannot be made on “Personal Details” and “Application Information”. Before the application is processed by the processing authorities, applicants can revoke the submitted application by clicking “Withdraw” and edit the application. After revoking the application, applicants must submit it again after re-editing, or the application will not be processed. Once the application is processed, the application cannot be revoked.
Step 7: Click “Print the Application Form” and download the form.
Reminder: Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.